The purchase of a home is the largest investment of our lives. If you are thinking about beginning your search, you need a real estate professional who is familiar with the process, knows how to navigate your transaction from contract to closing, and will represent your best interests every step of the way. And the BEST part for a Buyer using a real estate agent is that it usually costs you nothing! So why wouldn't you want a pro to take care of everything for you?
If you are thinking of purchasing a new construction home, there are many ways in which a real estate agent can assist you in that endeavor as well. Did you know that using a real estate agent when buying a new home through a builder also costs you nothing? So you're probably thinking that it must increase your sales price, but no, it does not increase your sales price. Builders routinely target market to real estate agents to drive them business. As part of builders' marketing costs, a bonus/commission fund is maintained out of which they pay real estate agents. So why not take advantage of free professional assistance?
When you work with a real estate agent, here is a short list of what he/she will be doing for you:
- be familiar with all of the details involved with the transaction
- make sure you have a proof of funds letter from your bank or get referred to a mortgage broker to obtain a prequalification letter
- assist with your home search by researching, scheduling, and showing you homes
- provide a list of resources as needed for vendors such as mortgage brokers, lenders, appraisers, inspectors, surveyors, title companies, home warranty companies, handymen, etc.
- provide objective information about properties, inspections, and negotiations
- take care of countless details during the transaction process
- represent your best interests during negotiations and the entire process as it unfolds
- meet all of the crucial deadlines involved
- be your resource for questions and concerns
- be your transaction coordinator so that you have the smoothest possible experience
So take advantage of what a real estate professional can do for you. I will give you the personal service that you deserve. Give me a call today!